Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy & Hopeful

So last week was busy. But not just with work. It's true that I did have to go to class on Vetrans' Day. It's one of those things you just can't avoid here. But, last Thursday was pretty exciting. We had our first Term Theme Dinner. What was the theme you wonder? Simeon's HoeDown Throw Down. The food included ribs and chicken, potatoe salad and corn on the cob. In addition, keeping with the theme, there was a vegtable stand and a friut stand that included homemade chocolate covered apples. My personal favorite was the fact that the DJ played some good ol' country music. Now, I have felt the mild teasing of liking country music, but hey - it's what I like. And Thurday I got to embrace it as much as possible. Dinning Services also arranged for bull riding and old time pictures. After themed dinner, I went and hung around with my friend until 9:00. At that point Hoops Hysteria started. Hoops Hysteria is like an opening day for the Men's and Women's Basketball teams. They play within each other, have a three point shoot out. The cheer teams and dance teams are there too. It's a great school spirited event. But the best part is the chance of winning something big. This year there were flat screen tvs they raffled off. Sad to say that I did not win, but I did get my free tee shirt. Purple and Gold - of course! Thursday was a really nice pick-me-up. It was one of those days were we realized tradition is why we came here and stay here. This weekend I devoted a lot of my time to sleeping (because I know this week will bring late nights and early mornings) and studing. Too much work in the beginning of the week not to be. I'm sure I'll post more at the end of the week describing the anticipated moment of finally driving home!

No comments:

Post a Comment